Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The first of...well...many?

So, I'm new to the blogosphere and, quite frankly, this blog will really only serve one purpose.

I recently acquired my first digital SLR camera after spending a few years trying to hone my skills with a 35mm SLR (to no avail). Luckily for me, a good friend (http://todd-duane.blogspot.com) of mine is an incredibly talented photographer and has provided me with the inspiration to once again pursue the art of photography with some fervor. Of course, I'll never be a well-trained professional photographer, or win any awards for my photography, but what I hope to accomplish is to offer all of you a chance to watch me develop my skills.

As I shoot more and more pictures and acquire more nice equipment, I'll continue to post my pictures here and talk about the experiences I have while taking those pictures and hopefully, over time, I'll get more creative, more artistic, and better. With that said, allow me to lay down the benchmark for my improvements. These are a few pictures of my best friend Auggie:



















Here's Auggie wondering why the black thing in my hand is flashing at him incessantly.



















And, here's Auggie showing off his athleticism. The rest of the pictures were taken while I was goofing around with the new camera the night I got it.



























Over exposed....but, I'm still learning!!

Anyway, you've seen the benchmark now, and I hope that you will check back periodically to keep tabs on my progress as I hope to absorb as much information as I can from various sources and put that info to good use in developing my skills as a photographer

1 comment:

  1. Dude...seriously. Are you even DOING research? How the eff do you have time for this?!?!

    miss ya!

    ReplyDelete